Friday, May 6, 2011

May is National Scrapbook Month!!

Yay!! How exciting! In fact tomorrow May 7th is designated as National Scrapbooking Day. If you do partake in this wonderful hobby scrap your little heart out. If not what a better time to start! It's a great way to preserve memories not to mention pleasing on the eyes. I can sit for hours and look at my albums. They make me happy!!!

May is a jam packed month for me. I have to keep telling myself to breathe so I don't get overwhelmed. Packing, weddings, 24 hour crops, organizing my new craft room, hosting book club, etc, etc, etc! >>Said in the style of Yul Brynner in the The King and I. =) I hope I can keep my head above water this month. I like to keep myself busy, but at the same time I have a terrible habit of procrastinating. Yeah try and wrap your head around that one!!

On a side note Happy Nurse's Day to all my wonderful coworkers. I am blessed to work with such great, caring, and selfless people. Sure like everyone there are days I hate my job. However, the majority of the time I am pleased to say I have the power to make such a difference in the lives of so many people.  This brings to mind an afternoon earlier this week when my 92y old patient grabbed my hand on her way out the door and said, "I want to say thank you for taking such good care of me." At that moment I was so touched by her words and the sincerity in her voice. It's always the good ones we have to say goodbye to so soon.


I'm sorry to say it's getting late and I have to say goodbye as well. Toodles!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment